Arthritis causes damage not only to the two opposing bones but also to the adjoining tissues, ligaments, tendons, bursae and muscles. Arthritis may be of countless types. Some of the types are:
1. Osteoarthritis – This type is a part of the natural aging of joints. With aging, cartilages lose power to repair itself after daily wear and tear and are lost in no time. This exposes the unguarded bones to friction and erosion as a result of it. This causes much pain and inflammation.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis – This type of arthritis is prevalent among comparatively younger people. It occurs when a misdirected immune system attacks and erodes healthy joint tissues.
3. Lupus – Lupus, like rheumatoid arthritis, is an autoimmune disorder.
4. Gout – It is the outcome of faulty metabolism. It occurs when uric acid crystals collect within a joint.
Natural Arthritis Pain Relief Supplements and Products
Some of the renowned arthritis pain relief supplements may be discussed as follows:
Recovery with herbal massage oil is good for arthritis pain relief. It effectively reduces pain and inflammation, arrests joint tissue damage, fosters tissue repair, enhances circulation to tissues and promotes cell regeneration. The ingredients of herbal oil include EGCG, theaflavin, proanthocyanidins, resveratrol extracted from tea and grape, MSM, DMG, Vitamin C, Bromelain, Glucosamine and energy.
Glucosamine is an important anti-arthritis ingredient. It is a form of glucose that brings about cartilage tissue repair and rebuilding. Bromelain, a substance derived from pineapple, has natural analgesic properties. One may take 1 teaspoon of Recovery powder twice daily. 5 Recovery capsules are equivalent to one teaspoon of powder.
The above products are examples of natural arthritis pain relief supplements. There are several other similar instances. Almost all natural arthritis pain relief supplements contain vitamins, minerals, amino acids, botanicals, and extracts and concentrates from the following substances.
GLA or Gamma – Linolenic acid is a form of omega-6 fatty acid. It is very helpful in treating pain, swelling and stiffness due to rheumatoid arthritis. GLA comes from natural ingredients such as:
1. Black currant oil extracted from seeds of black currant (contains 15%-20% GLA).
2. Borage seed oil (contains 20%-26% GLA).
3. Evening primrose extracts (contains 7%-10% GLA).
Boswellic acid is obtained from the bark of Boswellia and Indian Frankincense.
Avocado Soyabean Unsaponifiables (ASU) is obtained from avocado and soybeans oil. ASU checks the release of certain inflammatory chemicals by the body.
Bromelain is anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving enzyme found in pineapple.
Cat’s claw is an anti-inflammatory, immune cell stimulating dried root bark of a woody vine growing in Amazon forests.
Turmeric, a yellow colored powdered root of turmeric plant, contains curcumin that lessens joint pain, inflammation and stiffness.
Ginger root eliminates pain and joint stiffness.
Roots and stem of Stinging nettle alleviates inflammatory and painful conditions.
Devil’s claw grows in South Africa. It reduces joint pain and inflammation.
Fish oil contained in cold water fishes like salmon, halibut, herring, cod, tuna etc., is a rich source of omega-3 fatty that helps to get rid of joint pain and swelling
Flaxseed or linseed oil is derived from seed of flax plant. It contains omega-6 fatty acid, omega-3 fatty acid and lignans that lubricate joint lowering stiffness and pain.
DHEA or dehydroepiandrosterone, an androgen steroid hormone. Natural DHEA lessens joint ache.
MSM or methylsulfonylmethane is an organic sulfur compound coming from fruits, vegetables and grains. MSM control nerve signals that relay pain sensations and also helps in building connective tissue.
SAM-e is a naturally occurring chemical in body that checks joint pain, inflammation, stiffness, improves mobility and helps in cartilage regeneration.
Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate trigger cartilage rebuilding and increases cartilage elasticity by drawing fluids in to cartilage tissue.